Revealed: JFK Assassination Files Biggest Bombshells Rattle X After Trump’s Own Team Reportedly Left Stunned by Release
President Donald Trump released over 2,000 classified documents totaling more than 63,400 pages related to John F. Kennedy’s assassination, fulfilling a campaign promise.
The document dump, which appeared on the National Archives website Tuesday evening, contained several explosive claims that immediately set social media ablaze.
Among the most startling revelations was a memo detailing how CIA informant and former US Army Captain John Garrett Underhill Jr. allegedly fled Washington in panic the day after Kennedy’s assassination. According to a passage from the left-wing political magazine Ramparts from June 1967, Underhill confided to a friend that “a small clique within the CIA was responsible for the assassination” and expressed fear for his life.
The document noted that Underhill was later “found shot to death in his Washington apartment” with the coroner ruling it suicide.
The story of John Garrett Underhill Jr. is not necessarily a new revelation, but it’s certainly a great place for noobs to start.
Underhill was Military Intelligence during WW2, had connections to the CIA, and post-Kennedy assassination he claimed the CIA were responsible.… pic.twitter.com/E2BcNEv9Rq
— Clandestine (@WarClandestine) March 19, 2025
The Daily Mail highlighted that the unexpected release reportedly caught Trump’s national security team off guard, sending them scrambling to assess potential security hazards with only 24 hours notice after Trump announced the impending publication during a media event at the Kennedy Center.
“President Trump made a promise to release all of the JFK files — and he is delivering on that promise. Anyone surprised by this hasn’t been paying attention or has been willfully ignorant,” said White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt, dismissing concerns about the rushed timeline.
Another document drawing significant attention contained information about Kennedy’s assassin Lee Harvey Oswald, indicating the KGB watched him closely during his time in the USSR. However, these same files noted that Oswald was considered a “poor shot” during target practice in the Soviet Union, a detail that quickly gained traction online.
The files also included a letter from 1978 by a man named Sergyj Czornonoh to the British Embassy, claiming he had warned authorities about Oswald’s plans to kill Kennedy months before the assassination occurred. According to Czornonoh, he alerted American Vice Consul Tom Blackshear about Oswald, who was attempting to defect to Russia at the time.
As the new JFK files are
Released today
This to me is still one of the
Most unbelievable discoveries!!
JFK jr calling Biden a traitor…. pic.twitter.com/Vobs58rq8O— Fletch17 (@17ThankQ) March 19, 2025
The file I am particularly interested is a CIA IG report from whistleblowers alleging that the CIA hid information from Congress ref JFK assassination as it implicated them (shortly after the assassination). We were given this as a tip and there is actually a document we are… https://t.co/AsiyKxWcBK
— Anna Paulina Luna (@realannapaulina) March 19, 2025
Despite Trump’s promise of complete transparency, the release sparked immediate criticism from multiple fronts.
Many documents appeared heavily redacted despite administration promises to the contrary, while others were poorly scanned, faded, or contained illegible handwriting.
The Daily Mail reported that Jefferson Morley, vice president of the Mary Ferrell Foundation, which maintains assassination-related files, called the release “an encouraging start” but noted that only about a third of the previously redacted documents have been made public.
“Rampant over classification of trivial information has been eliminated and there appear to be no redactions, though we have not viewed every document,” Morley stated.
Historian David J. Garrow told the New York Times that “this dump is profoundly more impenetrable than all the previous more annotated ones,” estimating it would take days just to open all the released pages.
Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard praised Trump for “ushering in a new era of maximum transparency,” claiming the files were released “with no redactions,” though social media users quickly responded with screenshots of clearly redacted pages.
The document batch included files related to the assassinations of Robert F. Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. as well.
The Daily Mail reported that Jonathan Eig, a Pulitzer Prize-winning author of “King: A Life,” expressed skepticism about finding anything revolutionary, stating, “I would be very surprised if there was some kind of smoking gun, or revelation of an alternate assassin.”
Trump had previously attempted to release these files during his first term but ultimately withheld some citing potential harm to national security.
The current release fulfills his 2024 campaign pledge to increase government transparency, with Trump promising Americans would be “shocked” by the revelations.
“People have been waiting for decades for this,” Trump said Monday. “We have a tremendous amount of paper. You’ve got a lot of reading.”
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.
Leave a Comment